- Photos and Articles
- Oral Transcripts
The Delaware Disability History Project would not be possible without the help and participation of our community partners:
A special thank you to Temple University for helping provide guidance to our Council on the best way to capture the history of disability in Delaware.
- Developmental Disabilities Council
Pat Maichle, Stefanie Lancaster, Kristin Harvey, & Emmanuel Jenkins
- Governor’s Advisory Council for Exceptional Citizens
- State Council for Persons with Disabilities
Jamie Wolfe and John McNeal
- Delaware Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Autism Delaware
- Delaware People First
Barbara and Bill Monaghan
- Delaware Historical Society
- United Cerebral Pulsy
- The ARC of Delaware
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Delaware Department of Agriculture
- Down Syndrome Association of Delaware
Samuel Habib created the below video as a project for his school on the American Dream and the Disability Rights Movement. Samuel was interviewing a National Disability Rights Hero Jude Heumann. The project the Developmental Disabilities Council is currently working on will document the similar struggles that many of our fellow Delawareans with disabilities have encountered over their lifetime.
Photos and Articles
Disability History Presentations
What we know so far Presentation Created by Delaware Tech interns, Carmen, Nicole and Anita. Thank you for your work.
Oral History Transcripts